The Placement Bulletin is a publication that lists available faculty and administrative positions, as well as positions related to legal education outside law schools. It comes out four times each academic year.
Placement Ads by AALS non-member or non-fee paid schools (this includes law schools not located in the United States): $150 each
Placement Ads by member and fee paid schools: no charge
|Issue||Deadline for School||Date Posted Online|
|1||July 30, 2014||August 15, 2014|
|2||August 20, 2014||September 5, 2014|
|3||September 10, 2014||September 26, 2014|
|4||January 20, 2015||February 6, 2015|
Placement Bulletin ads may be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please use the following guidelines for your ads. Your submission of this ad indicates that your institution conforms with the AALS non-discrimination policies.
(1) Use the categories below to identify the type of position. The position type determines the Placement Bulletin section in which your ad appears. If the advertised position fits more than one category, you may submit more than one ad for the position.
- Director Position
- Entry Level Teaching Position
- Experienced Teaching Position
- Clinical Teaching Position
- Chaired/Endowed Faculty Position
- Administrative Position
- Legal Research/Writing Position
(2) Indicate the position title.
(3) Limit your ads to 500 words or less for deanships and directorships, and 300 words or less for all other positions.
(4) Include an email address for the primary point of contact for this Placement Bulletin ad.
(5) Please indicate whether you want the ad to appear in the first, second, third, and/or fourth distribution of the Placement Bulletin.
Click here to view a sample issue of the Placement Bulletin.
For questions regarding the Placement Bulletin, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individuals who are registered for the Faculty Appointments Register may access the Placement Bulletin online only by logging in and clicking on "View Job Bulletin."
If you are interested in subscribing to the Placement Bulletin without registering in the FAR, please complete the Order Form and return it to the AALS.